The word «Hologram» has excited the minds of not only the most sophisticated viewers of Hollywood movies, but also the fantasy of performances’, shows’, presentations’ creators for a long time. And then, finally, full three-dimensional video images and animated computer graphics broke into our world.
What is a holographic show?
This is a system of holographic high-definition video projection that integrates audio-visual effects in the media system. Real people or animated characters appear on stage and interact with other holographic objects like in the best science fiction films. Content can be filled with any full-sized objects: cars, real estate objects and landscape elements, technological equipment and processes, pharmaceutical or electronic components.
– Virtual people in motion
– Live TV broadcast
– Product and process of its creation
– Animated characters, 3D graphics
– Interaction of real and virtual objects and people
Scope of application:
– Virtual presentation
– Auto industry
– New product launch
– Shop windows
– Theme Parks and Attractions
– Awards Ceremony
– Television Shows
– and much more
Virtual image of the object is projected onto a special reflective screen. The image scattered by the screen is formed in a darkened space between the special film which is set at an angle of 45?.
The combination of 3D–computer animation and pre–captured and treated carefully living characters (actors, presenters, etc.) during installation allows you to create fairy tales, clone live actors in virtual. Only director’s imagination limits the ability of this three–dimensional imaging method! The cabinet is needed to create a realistic illusion, real podium can be set in the plane of the virtual image’s formation, on which also lively character can be located and surrounded by virtual characters entering into contact with them.
How is a 3D project carried out in practice?
1. Developing the theme of a virtual presentation, creation of a shooting script and computer animations frame by frame, preparation of texts if necessary for the sound recording.
2. Selecting the virtual screen size, method of projector installation and reflection screen installation (top–down projection on the reflection screen located “on the floor” or bottom–up projection through a special mirror on the screen fixed “under the ceiling” of the cabinet). The size of the film, that is used, depends on the script of 3D–Plot (the number of characters, their movements on a virtual stage, the viewing angle of the presentation from the hall). The film is available in rolls of a width of 4 m. 4m width film allows you to create a virtual frame with 2.25 m height and the aspect ratio of 16:9. This is quite enough when displaying a full–length person. Also, the large–size film can be used for panoramic images, which however will require increasing the number of projectors and special programs of zoning and image combining.
3. Binding of the holographic cabinet to the stage space. At this stage, experts will prepare drawings of the cabinet based on the film size and geometry of the room. The real podium must be set behind the film and the height of it should match the height of the virtual podium. Thus, the virtual and the real characters will be able to be on the same horizontal line.
4. Coordination and approval of a budget. The budget of work depends on the nature of the material, the ratio of shooting and drawing scenes and other factors. The total project cost = the cost of the film (600 € / sqm) + the cost of renting equipment and cabinet + the cost of preliminary works and installation + the cost of content creation (the filming process and the work of animation and video editing studios). Major items of equipment: – DLP projector, which supports HD format – a special reflective screen with a tensioning system; – Hard Disc–player, – a full set of constructs, machines, “clothing” for the black cabinet – lighting equipment to illuminate a backdrop of the cabinet and the podium.
5. Video shooting of live characters. It is the most important stage of the preparation of the virtual presentation. Shooting time depends on the complexity of the plot and usually takes 1–3 days of shooting at full preparation of director material.
6. Animation, compositing and video editing of material. Studio work process depends on the content of the virtual presentation, workload of the studio and many factors. The duration of this stage of works is determined in each particular case.
7. Installation and setup of equipment. Installation of equipment usually takes 1 day; the last stage of installation is the installation and adjustment of the film and the projection system.